Skip to content

Maxx’s Group International



  • by

Hello Maxx’s people! The Directorate General of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia officially launched a second-home visa policy. This policy is stated in Letter Number IMI-0740.GR.01.01 of 2022 about Limited Stay Permits for Second Homes which was issued on Tuesday, 25 October 2022.

This policy was created to replace Visas or Stay Permits for Elderly (Retirement KITAS), who accommodate foreign nationals that will stay in Indonesia due to extreme weather in their countries, expected to encourage economic growth in Indonesia (Recession/Inflation), and develop property business in Indonesia.

Second Home Visa (Second-Home Visa) is a Visa granted to Foreigners and their families (with dependent Visa/ITAS) to stay in Indonesia for 5 (five) years or 10 (ten) years after fulfilling certain requirements. Second Home Visa can be switched from various types of Visa except Visa On Arrival.

Second-Home Visa is suitable for foreigners who come to Indonesia as Investors, travelers and elderly/retirement tourists. Benefit for second home visa holders, you can also apply for the same visa for their children, husband/wife, or parents as followers.

You can apply for a Second-Home Visa easily by a website-based application ( These are the requirement for applying Second-Home Visa:

  1. Copy of passport that is valid for a minimum of 36 (thirty-six) months
  2. Proof of Funds in foreigners’ or sponsors’ bank account at least Rp 2,000,000,000 (two billion rupiahs) in State-owned enterprise bank accounts (BNI, BRI, BTN and Mandiri) or equivalent, equivalent in this case is a house worth Rp 5,000,000,000 (five billion rupiahs) and Flats/Apartments worth Rp 2,000,000,000 (2 billion rupiahs)
  3. Recent color photograph (4 cm x 6 cm) with a white background
  4. Curriculum vitae

Requirements for applying Second-Home Visa as a follower:

  • Copy of passport that is valid for a minimum of 36 (thirty-six) months.
  • Recent color photograph (4 cm x 6 cm) with a white background.
  • A valid Second-Home Visa or Second Home Temporary Stay Permit of their husband, wife, children, or parents. 
  • Evidence of having a family relationship with a holder of a Second-Home Visa or Second-Home Stay Permit by showing: 
    • Marriage certificate for husband/wife who holds a Second-Home Visa or Stay Permit, or 
    • Birth certificate or family card stating that the foreigner is the parent or child of the holder of a Second-Home Visa or Stay Permit, translated into Indonesian by a sworn translator, except if the document is already in English.

Don’t worry the deposit money at the State-owned enterprise bank will be returned when you leave Indonesia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Contact Us